De Heroes Wiki
Tracy freezes an entire parking garage at Union Station.
|Originalmente de:||James Walker (deceased), |
Tracy Strauss (synthetic)
|Absorbido por:||Sylar (lost), |
Peter Petrelli (lost)
|Habilidad de:||Lower the temperature of matter|
Congelamiento es la habilidad de reducir la temperatura de la materia, causando que se congele.
Tabla de contenidos
- James Walker tenía este poder. (Behind the Eclipse)
- Tracy Strauss posee esta habilidad, la cual obtuvo sinteticamente. (The Butterfly Effect)
- Sylar roba esta habilidad de James Walker, pero la pierde después de ser infectado por el Virus Shanti. (Don't Look Back, Kindred)
- Peter Petrelli ha replicadó esta habilidad de Tracy Strauss, pero posteriormente la pierde. (A Clear and Present Danger)
El rango de esta habilidad parece muy corto. Sylar no tuvó que tenr contacto físico dispuesto a congelar la carretera--el solamente apunto su mano al asfalto--pero tuvo que abrir la puerta e inclinarse por debajo del vehicule.
Mientras que el rango es corto, el volumen total de espacio puede ser muy grande. En Ola de Frío, Tracy fue capaz de congelar un estacionamiento entero; mientras que el efecto fue centrado en su cuerpo, se expandió lentamente (Micah fue capaz de escpar) to encompass millones de metros cubicos.
In Don't Look Back, James Walker was found frozen solid, mid-bite. In Road Kill Sylar managed to coat a large stretch of highway with ice in seconds and in The Hard Part Sylar froze Hiro's sword to the point of shattering. These events indicate that he can rapidly freeze a human body or cause hundreds of cubic feet of ice to form from ambient moisture in seconds or decrease the temperature of metal to the point of breaking.
Tracy was able to completely freeze an adult human in seconds, causing his body to shatter when he fell to the ground. She can similarly freeze flowers and leather straps to the point that they become brittle and shatter under their own weight or with little to no effort on her part. In Dying of the Light, Tracy begins to demonstrate more control over her abilities: she is able to freeze the outside of a glass container without causing it to shatter; she also can induce extreme cold in human being without actually freezing him. Tracy does not appear to suffer any ill effects from being in contact with objects that she has frozen with her ability. Nathan noticed that when she freezes things, her hands don't even get cold.
Thick, insulated clothing provides protection against Tracy's ability. She can apparently only channel her ability through her hands, as her ability can be blocked by placing heavily insulated gloves on them (A Clear and Present Danger), although she can eventually shatter the gloves (Building 26). She has since honed her ability to the point she can cause the pinpoint freezing of objects (Ice Queen, Part 1) and create simple ice constructs, such as the spikes with which she killed a former Building 26 agent (Ice Queen, Part 2).
Tracy's ability can be suppressed or countered by keeping her exposed to intense heat (Building 26).
Ambient humidity apparently increases the effect of her ability, as noted by her freezing part of a parking garage when the sprinklers were turned on (Cold Snap). In accomplishing this feat, however, she froze her own body in the process; she subsequently shattered when Danko shot her. However, after being washed out into the river, she managed to somehow reform herself on the shore, albeit naked. (Ice Queen, Part 1)
After Tracy was shot by Danko (Cold Snap), her abilities seemed to change or evolve. Upon being shot, Tracy shattered into a thousands of pieces of ice, though Tracy retained consciousness, even winking her eye. The ice seemed to melt, and Tracy soon thereafter formed back into her natural self (Ice Queen, Part 1). Since then, Tracy seems to be able to take the form of water, being able to form back into herself at will. It should be noted, however, that this is an unusual new aspect that Tracy has developed. It is unknown exactly how it is related to her original capacity to freeze things. Regardless, Tracy has demonstrated great control over this new aspect of her ability, though she occasionally loses control when stressed and upset, involuntarily turning into water (Acceptance).
After coming into physical contact with Tracy, Peter accidentally froze Flight 195's fuselage, opening a hole in it. ([[|]])
James Walker is frozen with his own ability.
Tracy freezes her binds and easily breaks them.
Tracy freezes a man and shoves him into a wall, shattering him.
Tracy unleashes her "cold snap," turning the men and herself into ice statues.
- Jason Badower, creator of the graphic novel Road Kill, said he didn't want Sylar's freezing power to look like Iceman from the X-Men.
- "A beam of ice never made any sense to me and wouldn't look right in the Heroes world. I figured that the air around his hands would simply just get really, really cold rather than a beam of ice shoot out of his hands. I figured he could then extend and direct the coldness around his hands towards the road (I couldn't get him leaning out and touching the road -- how would he steer the semi?!). But where does the water come from that forms the ice? Is it the oxygen in the air slowing down? Should I have drawn the ground wet from rain? Given that there was no direction for the latter in the script, I opted for the former. So my comic implies that he could freeze someone from a short distance (3 feet?)."
- It is unknown if "freezing" refers to the unconfirmed ability "temperature manipulation" mentioned by the assignment tracker map.
- In a question and answer session, writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite confirmed that James Walker had the ability to freeze things before he died, but that Sylar stole it from him after he killed him. "Killed. Absorbed. Tested. In that order."
Por favor refierase a el siguiente enlace para teorías creadas por los fans y otras especulaciones.