Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
|Also known as||Hayden Leslie Panettiere|
|Date of birth||21 August 1989|
|Origin||Palisades, NY, USA|
Hayden Panettiere is the American film and television actress who portrays Claire Bennet. She also portrayed Candice Willmer in an illusion in the episode .07%, and a shape shifted Sylar in the episode An Invisible Thread.
Born in 1989, Hayden has been acting since she was eleven months old, and made her television debut in a toy train commercial for Playskool. She is best known for her roles in Remember the Titans, Racing Stripes, Guiding Light, Ally McBeal, and Malcolm in the Middle. She also did voice acting for A Bug's Life as the voice of "Dot", Alpha and Omega as the voice of "Kate", Robot Chicken, and American Dad!. In addition to numerous film and television roles, she has recorded a pop album, which was released in February of 2008. She sang "I Still Believe" on the direct-to-video Cinderella III: A Twist in Time. She also sang the song "I Fly" from Ice Princess (in which she also starred), and wrote the song "My Hero is You" for the television movie Tiger Cruise. Hayden did the English voice acting for the character of "Kairi" in the popular Square Enix games Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2.
Following Heroes, Hayden worked on American Dad!, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, and Scream 4. She also scored the lead role of "Juliette Barnes" on Nashville.
Hayden has worked with Heroes co-stars Swoosie Kurtz (in American Dad!), Don Tai (in American Dad!), Seth Green (in Robot Chicken), Tina Lifford (in Joe Somebody), Sakina Jaffrey and Katie Carr (in Raising Helen), Graham Beckel (in Ally McBeal), Mark Christopher Lawrence and Mercedes Colon (in Tiger Cruise), Janel Parrish (in Too Rich: The Secret Life of Doris Duke), Alex Fernandez and Matt Lanter (in Commander in Chief, with visual effects by Mark Kolpack), and Danielle Savre (in Bring It On: All or Nothing, coincidentally, both playing cheerleaders).
- For her work in Heroes, Hayden won a Saturn "Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series" Award in 2006. She also won a Young Artist Awards for "Best Performance in a TV Series (Supporting Young Actress)" and a Teen Choice Award for "Choice TV Actress: Drama" in 2007.
- In 2008 and 2009, Hayden won the Teen Choice Award for "Choice TV Actress: Action Adventure".
- On April 19, 2009, Hayden Panettiere contributed her art to the Heroes for Autism fundraiser.
- Claire and Gretchen both mention that Claire has nice skin (Pass/Fail). In actuality, Hayden Panettiere is a spokesperson for Neutrogena's skiniD.
- The portrait of Claire that Hayden created for the Heroes Auction was the highest bid piece of art. Her caricature earned $915 for the Pediatric Epilepsy Project.
- Until the episode Fight or Flight, Hayden Panettiere was the only cast member to appear in every episode of Heroes.
- Hayden "graduated" from "Heroes High" during the Season One wrap party on April 17, 2007. As a school-age actor, Hayden is required by law to be tutored on set. Since she would not take part in a formal graduation ceremony, the prop crew made a fake diploma which "Principal" Tim Kring presented to her.
- Interestingly enough, during the Heroes World Tour, Hayden said she has never broken a bone in her body.
- Hayden did all of her own skating in Ice Princess.
- Hayden has a tattoo down her left side that reads, "Vivere senza rimipianti". This is Italian for, "Live without regret", but ironically, it is misspelled. It should be "rimpianti" and not "rimipianti".
- Along with fellow TV actors like Milo Ventimiglia, Zachary Levi, and Jorge Garcia, Hayden performed for charity at the Autry National Center of American West in Los Angeles as part of "Band From TV" on August 2008.
- Hayden got her middle name from her mother, Leslie.
- Hayden claims that her favorite color is "bright, exotic, greenish blue".
- In November 2008, Hayden joined Scarlett Johansson, Jared Leto and Christina Ricci, among others, in featuring in a line of celebrity trading cards, with sale proceeds going to charities selected by the stars.
- Hayden claims to be very good friends with the entire Heroes ensemble, including her co-star Kristen Bell.
- Hayden is a vegetarian.
- Hayden was the only child actress to have ever appeared on two soaps at the same time.
- For a time, Hayden dated her on-screen uncle, Milo Ventimiglia.
- Official site
- Hayden Panettiere Web (Fansite)
- Hayden Panettiere on Wikipedia
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere at newsday.com
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere and Eric Roberts at MovieWeb, 5/3/07
- Hayden Panettiere at Wizard World Philadelphia, 6/16/07
- Hayden Panettiere is placed as Number 1 on Entertainment Weekly's 100 List
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere at MovieWeb, 8/9/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere at CBR, 8/13/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere at SFX Collection (page 1 · page 2), 8/15/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere at The Scifi World, 8/17/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere at 9th Wonders, 8/17/07
- Hayden Panettiere on The Late Show with David Letterman, 8/20/07
- Press Conference with Hayden Panettiere, Jack Coleman, Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventimiglia, and Dennis Hammer during the Heroes World Tour, 8/30/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia on Richard & Judy, 8/31/07
- Article about Hayden Panettiere in Sunday Mirror, 9/9/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere on Live with Regis and Kelly, 9/24/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Bell at TV Guide, 11/19/07
- Interview with Hayden Panettiere at NBC/Sprint, 1/11/10