The following fan theories are about Gravitational manipulation.
For help on adding theories, see the help section.
|Stephen's vortexes sends matter into the fourth dimension.||None|| + It is stated that his vortexes send things into another dimension.|
- Time is the fourth dimension, according to the commonly accepted theory.
• It is not known for a fact what the fourth dimension is.
|Stephen's vortexes actually send people and objects into a alternate or parallel universe instead of killing them.||None|| + The terms universe and dimension are often confused, and being sent to another universe makes more sense than being sent to another dimension.|
- Although they might have survived a massive vortex, Stephen's were too small to fit an adult sized human (his only victims). Presumably, anybody sent through was crushed.
|The vortexes are wormholes leading to real places within the common Heroes universe.||None|| + Having no knowledge of this fact, Stephen may be sending items and people to remote places on Earth or even outer space. Outer space would explain the vacuum/explosive decompression like sucking effect.|
|Stephen's vortexes send people and objects into a different time instead of making them disappear.||None|| + Admitting that time is the fourth dimension, his vortexes would transport people and things in a different set of time (future/past) which makes them 'disappear' for the people in the 'present' where Stephen is.|
|Stephen's vortexes are simply black holes--extremely powerful gravity wells--and simply crush anything caught inside them to submicroscopic size, destroying and/or killing them.||The vortexes shown (specifically the large one inside the Canfields' house) have been shown to act similarly to known black holes--sucking in any matter within its event horizon with inescapable force, and nullifying the laws of gravity upon said objects.|| + Heroes has a history of adhering to scientific principle when pertaining to extranormal abilities. It stands to reason that an ability called "gravitational manipulation" would follow set physical laws, rather than create new ones (by having the vortexes become gateways to another dimension).|
- Because their gravity is strong enough to affect light, looking at a black hole results in a contorted view of the area behind it, not the hole itself.
• Where does all that matter go?
• A dark hole compresses matter into a near infinitely small volume which means after the gravitational effect dissipates the super compressed ball of matter would be free to fall to the center of the earth without anyone noticing.
|Stephen's vortexes simply disintegrated all matter that contacted it.||None|| + This would explain the disappearance of people and things caught within his vortices.|
|If someone with space-time manipulation gets sucked up because of this ability, he would be able to teleport away and go back to the normal world.||None|| + This ability sends matter to an unknown place, and people with space-time manipulation are able to teleport anywhere they want to.|
|This power is a form of space-time manipulation.||None|| + Wormholes are capable of distorting space and time.|
|See Also: 9 • Red • Time travel • Gravitational manipulation|